Details of a Business Development Manager job vacancy in West Yorkshire, here at Day One Technologies near Leeds. An exciting career opportunity with a fast-growing eLearning company.
Our Business & Market
The eLearning marketplace (UK & Worldwide) continues to grow at 8% per annum, providing a very healthy environment for making new future business relationships.
At Day One we promote a Can Do attitude & a non-corporate approach to business generally. We want to promote and apply this in all our dealings with potential new business.
Using your deep knowledge of relationship building and B2B skills you will work with clients in a consultative manner to sell bespoke eLearning and LMS solutions.
You will have a proven achievement track record of dealing with a substantial new business pipeline (in excess of £250k pa), and experience of selling to senior level contacts is essential.
A thorough knowledge of eLearning is helpful but not essential as you will be assisted by instructional designers and solutions architects from within the business.
- In this Senior position you’ll be expected to manage your own pipeline consistently and effectively
- Generate new business opportunities when needed and confidently make the initial approach
- Proactively research client specific industries and company structures, effectively account profiling
- Identify and understand client business challenges and how innovative and appropriate digital learning solutions can help overcome these
- Design innovative proposals and deliver client pitches
- Confidently sell a range of elearning solutions including bespoke eLearning, system simulations and a Learning Management System (LMS)
- Work with the client throughout the full sales cycle, from initial contact to after a sale has been secured
- Create, build and strengthen relationships with existing clients at mid and senior level
- Minimum of 3 years of B2B experience
- Confidently generate new business leads and convert warm leads
- Have a consultative sales approach and be comfortable creating solutions from scratch with prospect clients
- Proven ability to manage and grow key client accounts at both a strategic and tactical level
- Adept at building relationships with senior level stakeholders
- Consultative sales ability, excellent questioning and listening skills
- Knowledge of learning trends and methodologies and how effective elearning can positively impact from a commercial perspective
- Possess gravitas and proven influencing skills
- Excellent analytical, research and problem-solving skills
- Persuasive presentation and sales proposal writing skills
- Great time management and organisational skills
We are looking for someone who can considerably strengthen the success of the New Business operation at Day One.
The candidate must have a pro-active Can Do attitude to learning about our products and the market place.
We want someone with ideas and drive, and there will be plenty of scope for the candidate, on demonstrating their ability, to develop the new business operations at Day One.
Interested? Please apply with a CV and covering letter to: