Details of vacancies for 3 Freelance Instructional Designers, each on a 3-month contract, to run from October to December 2018, working with us here at Day One Technologies near Leeds in West Yorkshire, UK.
Due to winning several exciting new contracts, we’re currently looking for skilled and creative Instructional Designers to work as part of our development team.
About Day One Tech
Based just outside Leeds in West Yorkshire, Day One Technologies is a unique and independent provider of elearning solutions to a diverse range of clients, working in a variety of sectors, but especially Finance, Healthcare and Technology. Our clients include many well-known organisations and global brands.
We stay true to our ‘Can Do’ ethos which endears us to our clients, allows us to cut through the clutter and sets us apart from our competitors.
The roles require experience of working within a development team to create storyboards and scripts. Knowledge and skills required include:
- Applying instructional design theory and learning methodologies to ensure the impact of learning outcomes in the development of scripts and storyboards in PowerPoint and Word
- Liaising with subject matter experts and L&D staff on multiple training projects
- Producing learning content on time and to high standards
- Keeping abreast of current learning theories, instructional design approaches and learning technologies
- Working collaboratively with team members to design and deliver the best possible solutions and learning outcomes.
- Providing estimates of design timelines for e-learning projects
- An understanding of the entire implementation process from initial scoping stages through the entire solution delivery cycle to ensure a quality implementation is delivered to time and budget.
- Educated to degree level and capable of working with material that has a high level of academic content.
- You will have at least 2 years’ experience of ID/content creation work with an e-learning vendor or within a corporate e-learning environment
- Demonstrable experience of producing high quality e-learning design output which is effective engaging.
- Team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Client facing experience with ability to build rapport quickly
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with excellent time management skills.
- A strong eye for detail
- The ability to forge relationships with credibility.
- Demonstrate knowledge of instructional design theory and adult learning principles
- Competent with SCORM development
- A good working knowledge of authoring in packages such as Lectora and Storyline would be advantageous
Salary dependent on experience and skill set.
Interested? Please apply with full CV, covering letter and examples of your work to: