Details of a Senior Instructional Designer job vacancy near Leeds in West Yorkshire, UK – working with us here at Day One Technologies.
Due to winning several exciting new contracts, we’re currently looking for a skilled and creative Senior Instructional Designer, who can work well with clients, management and our development team, and be part of our growth.
About Day One Tech
Based just outside Leeds in West Yorkshire, Day One Technologies is a unique and independent provider of elearning solutions to a diverse range of clients, working in a variety of sectors, but especially Finance, Healthcare and Technology. Our clients include many well-known organisations and global brands.
We stay true to our ‘Can Do’ ethos which endears us to our clients, allows us to cut through the clutter and sets us apart from our competitors.
The role requires experience of liaising and collaborating with clients and the in-house development team to create storyboards and scripts. Full cycle project management experience is also required.
- Apply instructional design theory and learning methodologies to ensure the impact of learning outcomes in the development of scripts and storyboards in PowerPoint and Word
- Coach and support junior members of staff
- Liaise with subject matter experts and L&D staff on multiple training projects
- Ensure quality assurance of learning content produced to required standards
- Keep abreast of current learning theories, instructional design approaches and learning technologies
- Ensure learning content is delivered on time and to budget
- Measure and evaluate the impact of learning and input at all points in the process.
- Work collaboratively with team members to challenge thinking and define and design the best possible solutions and learning outcomes.
- Provide estimates of design timelines for e-learning projects
- Provide regular reporting to relevant parties
- When appropriate take responsibility for the entire implementation process from initial scoping stages through the entire solution delivery cycle to ensure a quality implementation is delivered to time and budget.
- Educated to degree level and capable of working with material with a high academic content.
- You will have at least 4 years’ experience of ID/content creation work with an e-learning vendor or within a corporate e-learning environment
- Demonstrable experience of producing high quality e-learning design output which is effective engaging.
- Demonstrable experience of project managing e-learning projects.
- Team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Client facing experience with ability to build rapport quickly
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with excellent time management skills.
- A commercial mindset.
- A strong eye for detail
- The ability to forge relationships with credibility.
- Demonstrate knowledge of instructional design theory and adult learning principles
- Competent with SCORM development
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written for report writing and presentation skills
- A good working knowledge of authoring in packages such as Lectora and Storyline would be advantageous
Salary dependent on experience and skill set.
Interested? Please apply with full CV, covering letter and examples of your work to: